Home >> Technology >> Tech news >> A joint venture between Dixon and Bharti Enterprises will seek PLI for telecom and networking equipment.

A joint venture between Dixon and Bharti Enterprises will seek PLI for telecom and networking equipment.

To take advantage of the Government of India’s PLI programme, the Dixon-Bharti JV will submit the required applications with the Ministry of Communications or any other nodal body.

Dixon Technologies has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bharti Enterprises Ltd to establish a joint venture (JV) to manufacture telecom and networking equipment for the telecom industry, including Airtel, such as modems, routers, set-top boxes, and IoT devices. To get advantages under the Government of India’s PLI programme, the stated JV would submit required applications with the Ministry of Communications or any other nodal body.

Dixon Technologies (India) is an Indian manufacturer of consumer durables, lights, and mobile phones. The JV firm shall be Dixon’s wholly-owned subsidiary Dixon Electro Appliances Private Limited, or any other business designated by the parties, and it will be responsible for production and post-execution of mutually approved agreements. Dixon will hold 74% of the joint venture, while Bharti Enterprises will control the other 26%.

“It brings us great pleasure to have collaborated with Bharti, a well-known brand. We are delighted and inspired by their confidence in Dixon for this cooperation. We view them as an excellent long-term strategic partner that shares our fundamental values of quality, technical proficiency, innovation, and customer happiness, and we plan to build telecom and networking solutions together by using each other’s capabilities. We are sure that this is just the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership, with enormous potential to expand on our shared strengths and generate long-term development “Dixon Technologies’ CFO, Saurabh Gupta, said.

“We’re excited to work with Dixon Group to help boost India’s electronics manufacturing industry and contribute to the government’s goal of an Atmanirbhar Bharat. The telecommunications industry has been critical to the economy’s development and is a major facilitator of digital connectivity and Digital India. This partnership will be well-positioned to be a major player in its sector, thanks to Dixon’s outstanding track record in the manufacturing business and Bharti’s extensive experience in communications “Bharti Enterprises Group Director Deven Khanna said.

The PLI plan for telecom and networking goods was authorised by the Cabinet in February of this year. The programme, which will be operational from April 1, 2021, would promote telecom manufacturing with a five-year expenditure of Rs 12,195 crores, resulting in increased output of more than Rs 2.4 lakh crore. The programme is anticipated to attract over Rs 3,000 crore in investment, as well as a large number of direct and indirect jobs and taxes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*